Fat and Sassy

my views on being larger than life.

quick quote – fattened by pills January 25, 2010


“It is striking that the weight of many Americans has ballooned just as the prescribing of psychiatric drugs has surged. The Obesity Society categorizes nearly two-thirds of adult Americans as overweight, the average weight of an adult having increased since 1960 by 25 pounds, and between 1996 and 2006 alone, prescriptions of psychiatric drugs for US adults increased 73 percent.”  from http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/magazine/articles/2010/01/24/fattened_by_pills/

others have snarked on it much more than i but it bears repeating.   i think that this statistic, this, coupled with the aging of thew baby boomers, can attribute like 98% of the weight gain found in this obesity craze.  the other 2% i leave to food like THIS (http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars)   and THIS (http://www.recipezaar.com/Deep-Fried-Snickers-70068)  (joking, joking)

Advertisements
 

2 Responses to “quick quote – fattened by pills”

  1. the import Says:

    lol, let’s see you go to the texas state fair, they’ll deep fry just about anything imaginable..

  2. CTJen Says:

    mmm…. deep fried snickers…. ::drool::


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s